Saturday, January 25, 2020

Agony, Ecstasy and Gaming Admin

A rubbish night of constant, grinding stomach pain; as always with me, not so much burning like acid indigestion but a bruised feeling and constant ache. After an initial hour of sleep I awoke in pain to pace (and even jog) for a few hours while watching a film - even sitting in such circumstances is unpleasant and I seem to need my system to move. After much drinking of water I could tolerate lying down enough to rest, although not sleep. So, I rose groggy and with a sore head.

This bad night led to a good day however. I took the bus to Macclesfield and invigilated in the Macc Art Lounge for a few hours, and was happy to sell Tower of Bees hit by Forces Beyond Their Control to a friend and collector, and spend a lovely few hours talking with him.

I am reminded to keep pushing for new limits and to quell the tedious normality of art, especially the commercial decorative art filled with landscapes and pretty colours to match the curtains. There is more art than ever, true, and more creativity than ever, true, but it seems, more bad art than ever, and too much laziness and lack of focus and solitary, driven passion. Today's Battle of Nantwich reminded me to wear my cavalier hat more often too. Creativity must stem from ones being in all forms. I must push!

My stomach still weeps but, so far, it is less achey than last night. These things take days for me to recover from. I think this malady is due to efficiency; my body can't digest too much at once, only what is needed. If I absorb too many calories, my body reacts to preserve itself. Self psychomorphology, imagining oneself into an ideal shape or being, has perhaps resulted in too much efficiency, and I've accidentally eaten too much as a result.

This evening I've set up the first stages of selling the Flatspace and Flatspace II soundtrack albums on Steam. Lots of admin work. I'm unsure whether to do this as there is a difference between this and the other music platforms; different standards on album names, pricing, and other things. An Amazon album now costs $9.49, £7.99, or €9.99 for the US, UK, and France, which is somewhat odd given the currency rates; but this is probably in keeping with these general music markets and the associated regulations, which Steam lacks awareness of. The Flatspace launch yesterday went to plan and about 170 copies have been installed in these initial 36 hours.

Tonight it is a game night, so I'm away with my computer gaming friends for one of our regular play times. I'm less and less interested in games and in the television and film and music culture that they know about and I don't; I'm rarely part of such conversations, but these are my oldest friends and it's invariably a nice break to simply be there.