Friday, March 06, 2020

God, Birkenhead and Bullet Trucks

Delivered two paintings for judgement today to the brilliant Williamson Art Gallery in Birkenhead. I've entered my God Being Killed painting, the painting that became the cover of 21st Century Surrealism, in its new and very glittery gold frame. The painting has rarely been exhibited (only, I think, in my own solo exhibitions, and at the Macc Art Lounge) and the new frame has never been publicly exhibited; it was one of my last major sculptural projects, so I hope that it passes the judges grade.

I've also ordered the first batch of Burn of God CDs. I've said it often; physical music, especially high quality albums with beautiful printing etc., are more important than ever these days. I'm reminded that everything I spend is an investment (or a bill). Art is a long term investment but I know it will easily return handsomely.

I found a tiny white feather at my my feet. The angels are with me.

In other important news for humanity, I was thinking about the canal system, how it revolutionized Britain in the 1800s, now we have trucks, trains, aircraft, and cargo ships. I thought that a better option would be a full automated tube with rails all round which would fire trains of freight, like bullets, across the country underground, and internationally. A purely robotic 'hyperloop' for goods. These could be fired at high speed, inspected by machines, and powered electrically to stop the environmental damage of current transportation systems. This is clearly a superior system for the transportation of goods than the current one and would revolutionise the economy. With current technology, from tunnel boring machines to robotic inspection systems, this is more than feasible, it is easily done.