Friday, March 13, 2020

Resignation

What times.

I remain annoyed and angry at the British Government's unique global position on Coronavirus, one that defies W.H.O. advice, about a 'herd immunity', when this doesn't appear to be real-world evidence based. The Chinese model, for me, remains the ideal solution; highly pro-active, focused attack. If I were Prime Minister I would change the country, and world.

That this problem will probably grip the world in anxious isolation until until a vaccine is developed, which, I expect might be 18 months away. I hope that the government's wrong view is effectively annulled by the actions of normal people.

18 months would be fast for any vaccine, but Coronavirus is so very disruptive to the world that there is a massive incentive to develop one, and try even an experimental one en-masse. Even after a vaccine, poverty will ravage the developed world for a long time to come.

For me, every event for the next 12 months is cancelled and paused. I can hope that in December, for my solo exhibition in Nantwich, this plague is gone; but if not, I'll hang it, leave it, remove it, and lament the lack of the many fantastic events, musical creations and other, which might have been. At times I feel I am cursed with the worst luck, but what can we do but push on, in hope, and strive to do our best, with our best energy and best humility.

This unique coming year in human history might create unique and special things. Coronavirus has united the entire world more than any single event in human history, which is one positive thing, and has helped, and will help, the climate and natural world immensely too. I expect carbon emissions this year to be a record low for modern times.

More than anything though, I pray that my friends and family survive it in good health. My life is nothing without them.