Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Phlegm and Music

A hot bath last night seemed to help clear my airways for the night, but gradually today the annoying congestion in the back of my nose and difficulty breathing has returned. I still feel that the worst of this affliction is over, and generally have energy, but this congestion is dragging on. This time last week I had a sore throat/back of nose, that symptom is gone. I could try a decongestant medication but I generally dislike any medication, even analgesics, I want to know of the pain and conquer it. I haven't had a prescribed drug in ten years.

I awoke late and added a few old ArtsLab radio shows to my MixCloud account, this means that all of the shows apart from the 'training episode' zero are now online. Zero is lost forever as neither I nor RedShift have a copy; but it's not a serious loss.

Too little music was done. I've completed refinement of Knife Thrower, which is now one of the better tracks, but minimal progress was made on the others. I have 11 prospective tracks now, but 3 are solo piano pieces. Many sound similar, dreamy piano tracks with strings. I need to inject more variety. To combat this, I've listened to the tracks, imagining a path and where it might lead. I'm also listening to other music which might provide inspiration, extra data. I must enthuse myself and make this music my main focus, a joyous obsession.

In other news I've received the first batch of Burn of God CDs. These look amazing. The CDs I'm producing now are the best of my lifetime in every way; graphically and in music terms. I'm sure this progress will continue. These can be ordered from my website to U.K. addresses even now, for £10 plus £2 postage.