Saturday, March 21, 2020

Something's Burning

I have a new respect for soldiers. With threats of virus all over the place, going to the supermarket today felt like going on a mission in Vietnam; always edgey, alert, vigilant, making plans and strategies.

I've gradually tried to refocus and calm down, and have largely worked on promoting and posting things about The Burning Circus. This evening, I paid tribute to Kenny Rogers, who died today. When I was very small, perhaps 6 years old, certainly before any computer game music entered my psyche, I remember playing a record over and over called Something's Burning. I was pyromaniacal then and also used to eat the red tips of matches, and I'm sure the lyrics appealed for that reason. Today, I found the music online and played it for the first time since my young childhood, and wow, what a great, dramatic song it is.

Just as back then, I played the music on loop and sang along.