Friday, October 23, 2020

Aches and Bites of Greatness

Two awful nights: one of constant earache, and one of constant stomach pain and a still blocked ear.

Yet inbetween I had a good day and refined the cover designs for Arcangel, the Flatspace soundtracks, and Finnegans Judgement. I changed Arcangel to add more of a background. Plain black looks a lot better on the screen that it does in print - it hardly ever works in print, so I added some colour there.

In the day I took lots of new photographs and started work on the Bites of Greatness cover. I knew this will be difficult as I want an all-new design. As with the difficult Herr Kasperle or Siamese Twin Domestic, the trick is to keep trying, keep hammering, developing different ideas and possibilites, seeing what can be better, being radical and creating an evolution chain to get to something that is good enough.

A photo of me with some new hair, it seems to suit me. The yellow spotlight has oddly strobed into red and green.

My ear and stomach pain has sapped my strength. The days feel brutal, like crawling along a landscape against a harsh and icy wind. The fight goes on. There can be no rest.