Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Siamese Music

A really bad day, well night, of stomach pain two days ago which meant not eating yesterday. This is probably a sign of the stress and isolation of the Covid situation. I read the day before that a vaccine will only be availabue in Britain to those over 50 which worried and annoyed me, but, on reflection, I doubt this will be the case as this virus is simply too destructive to the economy for limited measures.

In work, the music is moving slowlym too sloy, forwards. I've created about four different trackjs for the Siamese Twins track, all are rather strange an atonal. The poem is about anger and is strange in itself, yet does this mean the music must be strange too? If a subject is ugly, must the music be un-beautiful? Perhaps I'm overthinking it all and not making progress as a result. It amazes me that my early albums took a week, and this one takes a week per track. Other music which took a long time (like The End and The Beginning, which took two years) took the odd day in that time, whereas this is taking me, it feels, full time to move so very slowly.

I had a positive dream last night. My mother signed me up as a teacher to teach a 7 year old boy, an act which annoyed me. When he arrived however, I think with a red beret like Roger Red Hat, he seemed to know about my work, my paintings, and he too was an oil painter of surrealist paintings and he said he wanted to be the greatest surrealist painter in the world. I told him to manage his ambitions, yet I was impressed by and somewhat envious of his talent. He chose my early painting Coma as his favourite, which was in my dream, yet in sepia. Perhaps my creative, painting side is growing, which is good.

I had a second positive dream too which I can't recall at the moment.