Monday, November 09, 2020

Light Blue Evening and Invisible Man work

Most of today has been spent working on Light Blue Evening and The Invisible Man, tracks I'm happy with now. These have been many years in the making, written about 10 years ago, but they suit the solitude theme of this album and they deserve a release.

There have been lots of production changes to both tracks, generally adding more, more strings and middle frequencies. Light Blue Evening was little more than drums and bass, but it was far too musically sparse. The Invisible Man now has a long, Gary Moore-style guitar solo in the middle.

I've also worked a bit on the design for the new Bites of Greatness cover artwork.

Next; an ending which uses the end of The Invisible Man and leads into the start of 'I, Sisyphus'. I also need music for the Nick Drake words, and to complete that. That will mean 7-tracks, probably (depending on length) an album rather than an E.P. - if so I'll be in the exciting area of adding more, new, work.

It's now 8:30pm, I must aim to relax and calm down. I've been to filled with nervous energy in recent days and weeks, and my days of working until 9pm are a probable cause. I've not played guitar for pleasure (ie. casual training) in about two weeks. Time for darkness, peace.