Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Kate Bush Dream, More Production

A productive day. I'm determined to finish this now, at least complete the tracks in progress. I hate projects dragging on; time is precious! I was enthused in the early hours with this idea, filled with energy in bed, yet managed to get back to sleep.

I dreamt of Kate Bush who visited the house for some reason. She mentioned that she was old and is getting dementia - which I thought was nonsense, a quest for sympathy. She said that she has age-related pains and discretely mouthed 'vagina'. We talked about music and she mentioned that she has written a song called 'Time Rising' for a hobby band that she is in. I mentioned that we've recorded a song called 'Time Falling' and I talked about Fall in Green. She asked about my work and was impressed by my many talents. I told her about my paintings, and took her to a room where my paintings were stored. Overall, a positive dream about one of my musical inspirations.

I started the day working on the the vocal production for 'I, Sisyphus'. Good progress was made, I don't think the song needs any extra vocal layers (or at least none that I can provide - a choir of gospel singers might be useful) but I do need to record new final lead vocals for it. I can't easily sing or practice here, surrounded by noisy neighbours and knowing that my parents hate my work and my music. This is a continuing and great source of frustration and sadness. Still, I can grasp at certain moments when I have space to myself. Everyone has limits. I must do the best I can in the circumstances rather than hope for an ideal which may never occur.

I had an idea to improve the Zeitraum effect, fading the two waves into each other like a cross-fade loop. This was, I now recall, how the original effect was supposed to work, but it didn't quite. I implemented it today, but the result was only partly successful. I produced a smoother sound with some settings but more tinny and boomy, and more buzzy with certain settings. It's about the same as the current effect.

Then I continued work on the backing track for the final Suicide track.

So much more to do. Next, I think, is that Suicide track, which needs finalising, and those vocals for Sisyphus, when I have a chance to record some. I also have the cover art etc. Lots to be done.