Wednesday, November 25, 2020

We Shall See Production, Cheshire Art Fair 2021

A slow day yesterday, wrapping the last of my Christmas presents, and preparation for today's Steam Sale.

Today I worked on the production for We Shall See, a lovely song and focused in a higher vocal register in the key of F, with a high G (G4?) in there, Queen's Nevermore (by my ear) reached C5 for the 'see' line, though I might have got my octaves wrong. I can hit the final A 'youuu' in Roy Orbison's crying, which the sheet music lists as A6, but I would have thought it is A5, if C4 is middle C. Anyway, the 'We Shall See' backing is fairy simple piano with a few strings, a mix of Nevermore and The Invisible Man. I wanted it to relate to The Invisible Man to add more musical unity to the album; coherence and structure is always my focus - unity, unity!

The Jabberwocky model is still drying. I'll continue work on that tomorrow.

Days are slow steps forward, always taking too long. I keep being distracted by the desire to re-record my earlier songs, knowing that I could do a better job now. This may be a constant case. Perhaps I'll do this one day, but will leave it for at least a year or two as the next couple of years will, I expect, be a period of growth in singing, guitar playing and other recording and performance techiques that were only just beginning with Burn of God.

In other news, I had confirmation today that I'll be taking part in the Cheshire Arts Fair in Macclesfield Town Hall next September, which I'm excited about. The last one was fantastic. That will be my second exhibition of 2021, coming after the, long awated, Nantwich Museum exhibition, which I hope can be delayed for as long as possible, ideally until late summer. The impact of a forthcoming Covid-19 vaccine might, with luck, be evident in the second half of the year.