Sunday, November 22, 2020

Stomach Pain, Nevermore

A terrible night of abdominal pain. Ate at 6pm, a stodgy stew akin to salty cement. My stomach soon felt like I'd eaten golf balls or lead lumps or plasticine. By midnight I was pacing in pain, drinking water constantly, while listening to an interesting podcast about Billy Wilder's film Fedora. By 2am my pain was still strong but I took the risk of going to bed and trying to sleep while sitting up. Ay 6am, my meal was still being digested, with occasional kicks and twitches earthquaking through my torso. This is a standard occurance of my I.B.S. which seems to be of the blocking and twitching sort. Drinking and waiting is my only option, the only medication that seems to help is occasional magnesium citrate, taken tentatively as this can sometimes do more harm than good.

I barely feel able to work today, but have penned a simple melody inspired by the Freddie Mercury song Nevermore, one of my favourites. It's a vocal tour deforce with a high C on the 'see' line. I wonder if those vocal chords in the backing reach beyond that?

Let's see what the day holds.