Friday, November 20, 2020

Recording The Problem of Suicide II

A full day yesterday recording the second version of 'The Problem of Suicide'. The start was similar; 80 B.P.M. and couple of acoustic chords, but then the tune explodes into some heavier guitars in the same chords as the first track. I added a somewhat wild synth lead over it all. The end vocals uses wailing distant vocals with spoken vocals pre-empting them which works quite well. When I started to use vocals, for Tor's music back in 2007 or so, I simply cut the bass and used a bit of reverb, but now I'm more open to experimentation. As in all things the emotion is the key element.

One useful tip was the use of a leather guitar pick from Timber Tones for the acoustic chords. It sounds similar to a strum with the fingers but more consistent and accurate (I could probably do this with my fingers, if I had more practice at it!)

It's 10:44 and I've only just woke up and got started. I must keep pushing.