Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Admin Complete, Spotify Canvases, Rachmaninoff Dream

Music admin is complete for now. Spent yesterday tidying this and noting future points of ambiguity in the records.

Have spent today creatiung Spotify Canvases for Remembrance Service, and making lyric pages for The Modern Game, though the music still isn't quite complete. I need to keep wroking to finsh these troublesome final steps this week, and make Canvases for that. The Remembrance Service Canvases are quick and simplistic; all based on the album artwork. I didn't want to spend too long on these. The Modern Game Canvases will be based on the book art.

I need to start thinking of my next music project, but the choice is always daunting. There is always an element of creating music that appeals to others, that is 'relevant', that is 'catchy', irrespective of an artistic meaning or depth - is artistic meaning or depth exactly this anyway?

Last night I dreamt of meeting Rachmaninoff, who was short and portly, like Hitchcock. I was awed and joyful to meet him and gave him a hug, which he treated with indifference. He had two assistants, and was always distant, somewhat Noel-Cowardish, and very arty, always thinking of avant-garde things and unusual ways to be expressive in arts visual and musical. I found him inspirational. Later, in the dream, Richard Madeley (with his wife, I sat next to Deborah) mocked me, even kicking me under the table (which, I think, was in an airport waiting area, or hotel lobby) at which we sat opposite, with his socked-feet. I got annoyed and grabbed his leg, trying to break it and hurt him - I knew I wasn't strong enough and told him so, and that such acts would be uncivilised.