Friday, April 01, 2022

Backups, Album Preparations, Simon Visit

April the 1st means quarterly computer backups and regular admin work, monthly goals, cleaning the digital Recycle Bin, neatening or deleting things 'in progress', downloading and storing things neatly. This took more of the morning.

Remembrance Service is now ready for release on May 20th, so I started on stage 1 of 2 of filing the tracks with the musical authorities; there is a lot of music admin. Most of it means nothing, but it is important. I need to work on the Spotify Canvases at some point, and possibly some music videos. This can be a lot of work and for no reward other than arts' sake. In such circumstances, is it better to do it at all, or work on other art?

I chose the red image for the final cover. A clear face is good, generally better, for cover art, but with the title of the album I wondered if people would associate my Nosferatic visage with a homeless person rather than that of the distinguished composer.

I listed the album on my website and updated the Cornutopia Music catalogue, then continued the '3rd personing' process for my 50+ album descriptions there. Doing that for all of my 1000+ paintings may take years, so I aim to do that on a per-item basis.

Then a trip to see Simon. He knows so much about history and is filled with wisdom, insight, and kindness. How blessed I am with friends.