Saturday, September 10, 2022

Empathy With Daisies Piano, and the King

My programming changes were completed yesterday, and I managed to complete and import the new Empathy With Daisies piano, a new combination of live and sequenced data. It'll be interesting to use this, something new.

Later, I spotted a few more minor bugs; for some reason I could copy and paste to and from normal tracks and the global (song) track, and today realised that an End event isn't the end of a MIDI sequence when exported, so I've fixed that too, and added a new style guide for all messages in the program... there are hundreds. Some items, like the names of events (Note, Tone, etc.) are perhaps best capitalised, and I now use 'plugin' rather than plug-in or plug in. Small things.

I've spent most of today out with Deb. Our break to Bristol was called off, so we've had some smaller days out. We were due to see John Lindley read a new poem to commemorate an important Congleton anniversary, but, like many events this weekend, the event was cancelled.

In my music, I have piano basic tracks for Sit With Your Ghost (the most complex track, there is room to expand this), and now Empathy With Daisies. The last track, Shelved, has nothing yet, but the other 9 tracks are just about complete apart from the vocals.

Again, I must make haste. I can't afford the time, these weeks, to expend on this one project, whatever its artistic merits. I have to complete Heart of Snow for Christmas, and perhaps work on new Fall in Green Christmas music too! And paint! And do so much more. I'm full of ideas and, usually, energy too, I just need a few more hours in each day. We are all on a fuse of limited length. Oh for more resources; but I'm building the best I can.

Onward; and God save the new King Charles III! I've always been a fan of the kings Charles, and remain convinced of the ideal of the British constitution and its combination of non-elected (whether hereditary or appointed) and elected government. Those who are democratically elected devote most of their time to doing what is popular rather than what is right. Those with no democratic accountability alone, however, become dictators. We have the best of both worlds.