Friday, September 16, 2022

Votes, Love and Wi-Fi Frame, Salome Progress

This morning I've been thinking how un-democractic the Brexit process was. A single vote with an inconclusive consensus is not democracy; a yes/no question is a very poor expression of the 'will of the people'. Such questions are as valid, and as invalid and nonsensical as online multiple-choice surveys ('How much do you like our product?: A: I like it. B: I love it!'). Consistent national agreement and emotional consent is stronger, and it is in this character that the monarch and all non-elected leaders hold their power.

A very busy day yesterday. I awoke feeling tired, but decided to push myself on, and this was the case for each pause and break. I started by completing the frame for Love and Wi-Fi:

Then Deb arrived for more vocal recording, a new take for Freud's Lecture and for The Bird in Borrowed Feathers, which has changed in tempo. I incorporated the Freud vocals. Then Sue arrived for a visit, then I worked on the Bird in Borrowed Feathers vocals. The music sounds good so far, but will need more listens and gentle adjustment. Deb listened to the music in the evening and our work was done by 10pm.

I hardly slept, my stomach in knots, as though I'd eaten a lump of clay. I've been coughing a lot, a usual result of this change of the seasons. In the past two weeks it seems that summer has become winter.

About half of the twelve Salome tracks are at last complete, a great leap from the one which was done two weeks ago. Perhaps in two weeks it will be all done - I can't wait! The painting season for 2022 is lost and all I have is a pile of ugly canvases, an insult to the talents I know I now possess! Oh for more time, resources, security.

My father brought back a catalogue of up-and-coming house sales. I could buy one tomorrow - if I should win the national lottery tonight.

Peter's lesson today, we'll cover scales. I'll try to rest a little, but my energy to work on the music is growing. On we charge. God save the King!