Friday, September 30, 2022

Sit With Your Ghost Solo

Awake in the night, I listened to a Bach Partita; a transcendental experience, an emotional cathedral ceiling. The hardest emotion to represent in art is transcendence.

A slow morning. In the afternoon I wrote a little tune with 'Bach like' parts which darted between C-minor and F-minor, using the climbing themes in Sit With Your Ghost. I fed the composition through to the RefaceDX, and it sounded really natural, this synth is so expressive. I still love the sound - Yamaha would have, had have, a sure-fire hit synth if they had given it more presets and the ability to save them externally (excluding the utterly impractical Soundmondo).

I also researched the Rilke pieces we had aimed to perform. It looks like I'll have to translate them, I had hoped that Deborah would. I'm so tired of this album. I'm off to Ty Pawb tomorrow to deliver my painting to the open.