Monday, September 30, 2024

Prometheus v3.43 Finished, Framing

Finally filed Prometheus v3.43 as complete. I made a few final changes. First, float values are no longer clipped to -1 or +1 in wav files. I'd assumed that these needed to be clipped, like any audio, but the change is of little consequence as for any 'final' work I'll avoid any clipping anyway. I also improved the instrument naming so that names with numbers at the end (eg. "Piano 0001" or "Cello4" are automatically incremented when cloned. This was a fun job. My final job was to reload and convert old programs/instruments to the new formats, as many use obsolete plugins. I'll need to code a batch-converter for this one day, but that can wait. Enough with tiresome programming.

I forgot to mention that I framed and photographed the Cromwell and Remember A Friend paintings two days ago, here they are:

Those are my first framed with decorated bevels (yellow and plain pine respectively). Everything I do must be better, in some way, than that which came before. There must be improvement over time, and with every creative act I work hard to work out what needs to be better and how to leap upwards as far as possible next time. No proper art since Sep 18th (excluding the poetic research of the Morecambe Festival). I'm now ready to file this and start on new things, and get back to paintings in progress.

First, however, October backups. Onwards!