Wednesday, March 17, 2021

New Frame, SY-85, Cover Art

A slow day. I keep feeling I'm hardly producing anything or anything worthwhile, perhaps this is common. I know I can produce so much so quickly at times.

Today I cut and glued a new frame of the old painting No Good Ideas, the old frame was one of my 'first generation' ones with visible screws and generally not as well finished as I can make now. This uses the last of my wood.

Then, some cover art for the new E.P. which I had the new title idea of 'nightfood' for. Here's one draft cover design:

I also spent some time looking for my original data disks for my Yamaha SY-85 synthesizer, I would like to sell it and get a replacement with more octaves and less weight, for future performances.

Then vocal recording for Dreams Of You. The melody is so slow that the vocals sound rather operatic. I need to get used to them.

The Chinese translation for The Intangible Man & Other Stories has arrived so I'll spend a few days working on that. I also have these painting ideas to draw out.

Bad news about Covid-19 in that the Astra Zeneca vaccine appears to be almost useless against the so-called new variants. This must inevitably mean that the new variants will become dominant, perhaps quickly, and with a population without vaccination, the pandemic will be the same this year as last year, lockdowns will continue for perhaps another 12-months, and that plans for 'opening up' this summer are forlorn. We shall see.

How I miss Deborah.

My Nantwich Museum Exhibition has provisional dates for November to January, all Covid-19 dependent.

I need to make ambitious plans for the coming days, if not months.