Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Intangible Launch, The Ones We Love

A steady day. I spent the first couple of hours listing and launching the Chinese version of The Intangible Man on Smashwords. It will launch officially on Friday, Beethoven's deathday.

Then time escaped me for a while. In the afternoon I started work on the Gynocratic drawing. I'm feeling inspired again in visual art.

Every so often I've listened to music and am working out what to do next there. Ideally I need some sort of new track for Nightfood to extend it to an album. Last night I thought of my parents, noticing with great sadness how they have aged. I wrote these words with the possible idea of making some music about this:

The ones we love
We leave behind
By not giving enough
By not showing enough
To their fading light
The red glow
Our hope
Of something else and more
When there is nothing else and more

We are what we were given
Only that
We are the ones we love
That we leave behind
We are nothing
Without them

A first draft of course. I drew a few painting ideas this evening, one of a clifftop shaped like an hour-glass and one of a mouth, not unlike, now I think of it, The Taking Of Excalibur painting, so a flesh-monolith, one of my favoured forms. I seem to paint a lot of screaming/crying or roaring mouths. Is this due to the vicinity of the mouth to the eyes and mind? I think so, as though direct expression must emit from the mouth.