Friday, March 26, 2021

Painting Mania

A super busy day but I've not got nearly as much done as the effort should have.

I started by cutting and preparing the panels, canvas boards, a super-convenient surface, for Gynocratic Paedoparanoia and The Ficticious Secret History of Aspartame, which I found the sketch of! I know that in Jan 2018 I traced and prepared the Aspartame painting, but I've lost the panel so I've retraced it to a new surface, this painting is worth it. Then, I applied the toning layers to each surface.

Then an order for Aspic Oil, Spike Lavender. I use a few drops when painting as this can dissolve the precious amber I use, and the last 25ml I ordered was 2011. I'm nearly out, and it's probably best to keep it relatively fresh, so I ordered another lot. This little endeavour took 45 minute or so - such is the waste of time and inefficiency of the internet.

Then I did some singing training, my first in too long. I was rusty in some techniques and strength. I really need to keep this up. In some areas, I'm better than ever here, but in others, I can see a long way to go, that can be gone. I sang the words to a song called Conan which predates I, Sisyphus and is similar in sound and structure.

I then traced over the Aspartame painting, and started on the Gynocratic one, then a trip to B&Q during this lockdown for some essential wood for a second tier of keyboard stand so that I can fit my old SY-85 synth over the top of my piano. Not vital at all, I've had the synth for 25 years or so after all, but generally it's been in storage, and, if I ever get a new one I will need it to hand. I would like a new one that is less heavy and more portable than my digital piano so I can gig and leave the piano here.

The wood is annoyingly in the wrong sizes, I needed 16mm. They sold some as 11mm which, on the website, says 10.5mm - it is actually 10mm exactly (some were 9.5mm). I've stuck it to some 6mm wood.

I've had a request for art donations for a charity that has inspired me to revisit my old God Being Killed frame. This one:

I made a second frame a few years later, so this frame of wood and plaster is empty. I've been meaning to put a print into it for months, so today started the process by restoring the frame and cutting an MDF surface for a print... I will stick the print to a wood surface for greater stability.