Monday, March 08, 2021

A Few Painting Ideas

My stomach continues to cause troubles. Even the smallest meal seems to take many hours to digest. I think its a transient phase rather than a chronic problem. I've found that ignoring it and focusing my energy on something else can help.

I made a few changes to my music programming yesterday, primarily about the copy buffer. I can copy a selection of notes across several tracks. Now, some data is track specific, I might change a parameter of a track effect (say reverb strength) with track events, so pasting that in another track will cause problems, so I need all sorts of checks to prevent things like that. When I insert a track, for example, I also need to insert one in the invisible copy buffer as appropriate. Well, those are the sorts of things I programmed.

Last night I revised and simplified the music (on paper) for the Dreams Of You song and I came up with a few painting ideas, and today drew them out, a first set of new painting ideas: one a strange landscape about the Covid pandemic, and two about social media. Perhaps painting will help settle my stomach, although the long hours of sitting and concentration tend not to. One incentive is the reminder of mortality that any health problem creates. My mood is surprisingly positive and I'm full of ideas. I can but hope that tomorrow will be better.