Monday, April 12, 2021

Admin

A day of headache, I can't seem to work for longer than a few hours without migraines and feeling of pain like I'm crossing my eyes. It has been a long day of seemingly endless and seemingly pointless chores, but of course, they are not endless or pointless.

First I've updated all of my music web pages to point to a Songwhip page, a neat single page for links to stream and download music. This involved a bit of database editing and php coding for my website and the Cornutopia Music website.

Then I decided to do create some new artwork swatches. All of my artworks have some sort of image; for the paintings or drawings this is at least a 300dpi image of the painting/drawing/print. I need to use these quite a lot so it's a bit inconvenient to find and resize them from their respective archive directory, so I've created another place which simply has them all in there in jpg format, all resized to 2400 pixels on the longest side, which is a nice maximum size for emails, sharing etc. Now, these tend to be the 'framed' images for paintings, but sometimes I like to show unframed ones, so today I went through them all and added unframed images too, so now I have 1019 images for my paintings there to date. It doesn't include everything, but most of everything. This was tedious and time consuming, finding, resizing, and saving each image.

Then my SY-85 floppy drive adaptor arrived, so I opened up the synth to try the new drive:

The adaptor thing sticks out from the back, which I expected, so I had to do some sawing to the aluminium drive case:

I used a jewellery saw and pondered about the many little skills I've picked up. Alas, the adaptor didn't fit the SY-85's ribbon cable... so I had to order another more expensive one from Germany, which will take weeks to come. I've already spent nearly £100 trying to repair this drive. Once a job is started I just have to grip on and stay gripped no matter where fate pulls me.

Then I documented every YouTube Music video (33), plus 3 for Fall in Green and 3 for Marius Fate. I noted the URL of each of them, and checked the playlists. Bizarrely, sometimes the videos were duplicated in the playlists for some reason. I also updated the links there with Songwhip links.

All so very eye-straining and not like making art. I like organising and making things neat, and I seem to spent half of my time doing it, but often, this tedious job makes me ache for and want to create art, so it has a purpose in that too.