Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Radio Video

I dream of a chef making tomato pasta sauce and he is using sausages mashed up with beef (two parts beef to one part sausage). He washes the meat in dirty dishwater with detergent suds in it, which I object to. I advice him that he should quite cookery and become an artist, and we move to an hall, like the exhibition room upstairs at Stockport Art Gallery, where some people, art club executives, are sitting behind a desk. The chef enquires and is accepted, and he loves painting.

I think the dream is telling me to paint.

A full day today. Started by booking my Covid-19 vaccine appointment because today these became available in my age range, then some video work, inspired by the Neorenaissance Online exhibition plans.

Created a new video for Mandalino from Apocalypse of Clowns. This is a simple tune and video, using some footage shot for ArtSwarm, plus some time-lapse clouds captured last year. It involved a complex mix and took a long time to balance, partly because the glittery, night-time, images are quite strong for me here. I would have liked to include some stars, but I am happy enough with the results.

Then, some editing of the 'I, Spider' video for the new recording featured in Tree of Keys 2021. The music has changed just enough to invalidate any spoken parts.

Neorenaissance has had a few technical hiccups, as well as about 10 spelling or grammatical mistakes which I shamefully didn't even think of looking for. I wanted to include a link to the Swift music, but the streaming of audio is nigh on impossible. The exhibitions are PDF based which limits including audio (well, basically you can't) which made me ponder the inefficiency of so many online things. PDF format is good for books, magazines etc. but was never really supposed to be interactive. HTML was designed exactly for that, but is so awkward to author and bespeckled with conflicting versions, style sheets, plug-ins and other nonsense that it's always looked ugly or been difficult to author or navigate (or all three). It's 2021, 30 years since the invention of the web, yet text, with images, and optional audio (never mind video) is still stupidly complicated. In the end I ditched the audio idea and left it up to the museum whether and how they included it.

In between this I photographed my newly framed paintings. That's it for today, though I just heard a rumour that The Myth of Sisyphus has been on Chester's Circl8 radio, at least for some sort of mention, which is to be celebrated.

I must next finalise Nightfood. Every day my eyes and head aches and it is hindering my work capability.