Saturday, April 17, 2021

Covid Musings, Nightfood Finalised

My 'no symptoms' from the vaccine developed into pains all over and a fever of 38 degrees for most of the night, perhaps a positive sign that my sports-car immune system has adapted, ran through its new assault course. Not a pleasant experience, and it's made me a little anxious about the second dose, the booster, and the prospect of yearly jabs (which we may all need for a few years), but, of course, actual Covid-19 would be far worse. It made me wonder about those who deny Covid, the still shell-shocked who don't realise that there is a genuinely deadly disease out there that cannot be avoided. There is no point in complaining. Discomfort, inconvenience, and all of the worse aspects of this pandemic (death etc.), must be tolerated and 'got on with'.

I feel fine today and went for a sunny walk to the park in the afternoon. I didn't watch any of the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral, but wanted to get some productive work done, so have queued up Nightfood for worldwide digital release on May 28th. Then registered the music, and spent an hour or two getting the new Tree of Keys and The Infinite Forest correctly documented with the music authorities. There is a lot of admin work for each new music release, and with a big back catlogue (Nightfood is my 59th release) the work can spiral because older albums often need updating, but I'm getting to grip with it now.

I've also listed the cover artwork on my website, and will soon list the full album there. I should do some actual creative work at some point, but this admin does also need doing, so I might as well do it on this 'rest day'.