Thursday, April 15, 2021

I, Spider, Tao, Tree of Keys

A better, more settled day. Worked on the 'I, Spider' video, one I've already released, adjusting it, tweaking for the new music. I have limited resources, mostly too little time, I must do everything myself, and though I (think I!) am capable, other things wrestle for my attention, so everything must be a compromise and nothing quite as good as I'd like, just a reasonable balance between time and quality of end result. This is probably true of all artists. We all have finite time and finite resources.

I finalised this for the new Tree of Keys, and set the album ready for release. It won't be a major event, but I felt that the two tracks that I have rerecorded need to be out there and not the old versions. I've also put together the new Plastic Superman video (it is the same as the old one, but with the new music), and worked on an old video for Dream of the Tao. That only uses stock footage and seems a little simplistic. I'm always thinking of how to make the best from limitations.

In the afternoon I went out with Deb to some shops, for the first time in many months, and bought some essential wood for painting and projects. It was idyllic. Tonight I'm inspired, and have started work on something new, and have written three sets of lyrics. The inspiration is this image, or something like it.

My online exhibition at Nantwich Muesum went live today too.