Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Paint Boxes, Thermonuclear Domination

More steady progress on the paint box today. First drilled out 4mm holes in the wood for screws, then 7mm holes in there too to accommodate the screw heads...

These hold the handle...

Then gluing the left side and the front. See how handy books are for woodwork! I'm worried that tugging the front will pull the box apart; the only strength is the glue held on the edge of these 6mm pieces of wood. I'm inclined to screw it too, though it will spoil the look.

Then I spent some time working on a revamp of my sound effects library. I must do something with them.

Then, created an account on itch.io, a gaming platform that sells (or gifts) directly to players, far cheaper than Steam (who charge £80 per game, even for a free game, plus 30%). This platform is free except for commission of 10%, and even that is optional! It's more free, more sleek, faster, etc.

I assembled by first game, Thermonuclear Domination with its new manual and have launched it on there as donationware and a kind soul has downloaded the game and donated $2 already! That's more than I've ever made from this game in 23 years. I will put some other games and software projects on there and gradually migrate any software that I currently host to them.