Thursday, February 10, 2022

Book Posting, Argus, Jubilee

Posted off the replacement Neorenaissance books yesterday, finalised the archiving for Heart of Snow and looked into potential release dates; should I make a plan for this? How? What should it include? I then updated my animation software Argus with 5 or 6 little changes and bug fixes. I've thought that it should be fairly quick and easy to make an animated music video using it for every new song of mine, with a similar look to the Spotify Canvases. Is this worth doing? I seem to be faced with lots of cost vs. reward balance questions.

I received an email from the Friends of Queen's Park about a the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in June, whether I would like to demonstrate art. I had fun painting there at a previous event, Picnic in the Park in 2015:

This time these is no gazebo, tent or covering, so we are subject to the weather's whims. I'll need to buy public liability insurance, £50 or so, and be there from 10:00 to 18:30, setting up from 8am. Fun though painting is, this is a lot of work for nothing except that thing artists often work for, 'promotion', 'publicity', rather than money or anything tangible. I have little to no chance of selling a painting, even if I brought a stock of paintings to display - which I can't, because there are no display facilities other than the grassy floor or floor-standing easels which I must bring myself (and don't have).

Still, Picnic in the Park was enjoyable, and I sold the painting I painted there on that day - though that large canvas (I use the term canvas loosely, the cloth was closer to a bed-sheet) was given to me by Carol Wilkinson of The Cubby Hole. It is part of an artist's job to show their art; and what alternative activities might I do on that day?