Monday, February 28, 2022

Wars, Remembrance, MODX

A couple of steady days. The news, everyone's thoughts filled with the war in Ukraine. Upsetting to see the scenes of the elderly trying to buy basic foods in supermarkets overrun with the desperate. Perhaps now, after Covid, we have a better idea of what such crises mean. Instant media can now shell-shock the world, not just the soldiers.

Here, I've been working on music programming and learning more about the MODX. I've bought a new foot controller and yesterday jigsawed my piano stand/desk to make the hole underneath larger for this. It has already transformed the live expression available, and I played a nice string piece with a gentle and sad mood. I was reminded of a poster "Remembrance Service For Those Who Died Homeless", which was, touchingly, postponed due to Covid, and thought at the time that this would make for a good project, so I'll do some work on that with this string piece as a theme.

I aspire to work on the Salomé project too. I need some words for that first. There seem to be too few hours in the day.