Thursday, February 10, 2022

Burn of God Mastering

A slow start this morning, but a fast afternoon. Managed, with the help of the new and increasingly fantastic Prometheus, to remaster the new Burn of God tracks. I'm reminded how much work I put into the album. My design notes began thus:

-All experiences are transient a change of flow, like passing through a pane of fog, a drape of emotion.
-Life is as transient as music. We may think we can capture it and record it, but the recording is a dead facsimile, a shop dummy.
-No authentic priest can be an aritst too, to be an artist is to scream at the void.
-The inevitable gravitation towards perfection and infinity.
-Entering the hallway of Oz, the powerful being on infinity, purity, to which we aspire.
-You must face the chasm and accept it - there is no infinity. What of destiny, determinism? Is free will to be hoped for? Is god freewill?
-"interested in the human drama surrounding another human being who really was in the process of slipping away".
-The duplicitous doubt of the priest.

The first draft had four sections but went through many iterations. The album is now largely complete. I will have some new CDs made, but use the existing, first edition, artwork for the first batch at least. As with all of my music, I tend to tweak the album artwork with each issue of 50, making each edition a collector's item, which is why some of my CDs regularly sell for over £30 on eBay. There is more to do. I must develop Spotify Canvases for these, and I might start to make full-screen Argus videos for my music. Many of these tracks are very good, as are the Heart of Snow tracks. I really need a film unit to make videos for them. I need videos for everything.

Regarding the previous post, I will not be demonstrating in the park. If I were to invite an artist to demonstrate their craft, read, or perform, I would, at very least, treat them as special, honoured, and with respect, and would not dream of asking them to come to a park for a day, stand outside for 10 hours without any protection from the elements, not even a chair, expect them to pay for insurance, perform a health a safety check, and leave without payment or compensation.

I will, however, aim to do something on that royal day. God Save the Queen!