Monday, August 15, 2022

Busy Monday

A full busy and exhausting day.

I cut the wood for the new wooden projector screen design, though I'm unsure if I'll do more on that for the time being. I need to know if the screen will sag, so the cloth is the next step; but I also don't know if and when we'll need a screen.

Ordered some female-to-female camera screws, which might be useful to fit the 'grabber' to a tripod to create a claw. I needed one to hold the Salomé masks for photography:

It worked wonderfully there, but not at all for the heavy Freud mask, which sagged frustratingly and risked damaging the mask. I spent 2 hours trying in vain to photograph the masks adequately.

I found and ordered a new 150W amplifier. The one I have worked really well in the library and was much easier to transport than the 100W beasts. I hope that the design and quality is unchanged since 2019, the price certainly has changed upwards. I also read over a script for possible opera, which was interesting, and worked out a new template for piano MIDI recordings in Sekaiju. I also started the Empathy with Daisies book, a basic template and cover; plus numerous little filing jobs and messages.

100subtexts magazine issue #1 came out today, featuring one of my old stories. The magazine seems an eclectic pile of any submission of any quality.

One other job I did was create a series of new modulators for Prometheus, each growing in factors of 1/12th, from zero to one - I had to reprogram Prometheus to calculate the interval exactly. This makes, when the depth is set to 12, a series of semitones, so when applied to a pitch value I can make arpeggios of any design (I can 'append' modulators to create a sequence). It was inspired by an effect called Spiralizer on the MODX - I can emulate this now.

Some of these jobs, like the mask photography, are almost distractions. I need to record the masks as artworks, but in the past many of my artworks were not photographed at all. My main job is to play and record the Salomé music, it was still a little too hot to do this today, these little jobs getting in the way. It feels like weeks since these 'normal' times. Everything has been so hectic with Salomé performances that it may take a few days to get back into the swing of things.

On we charge.