Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Salomé Show Day

Preparations for the Salome event today. Carried down much of the equipment last night, how I curse this heavy lugging! I must move 100kg of equipment, 2x amplifiers and the power-amp (itself over 10kg), stands and keyboard, smaller amp for Deb, 2x mic stands, mixer, mics, 4x lights, many power adaptors, books and other things to display, the projector, heavy video tripod and camera, and this aside from the props, costumes and many other things.

If find this increasingly hard work. The piano performance, technical and complex though it might be, is so easy and worry free compared to the hours of carrying, connecting, unpacking and packing. I read today about Rachmaninoff and his need for calming Crème de Menthe dueing shows. I need no such relaxant; the hard and anxious part is the setting up and taking down. At each performance I swear it will be the last. Oh for more strength!

This morning, I completed the masks; varnishing and fitting a cord for wearing. Mum, unexpectedly from my perspective, had no elastic so I used the yellow elastics from my old Covid FFP3 mask. Here are the masks:

I'll need to photograph these properly for my catalogue, and the other props. This itself will take a day or half-day.

Now, a day of preparations, packing, dressing. We much collect Stefano at 3:30pm or so. I hope that I can bring my guitar - Nietzsche's Donkey must live!

We've had a mention in Stefano's old newspaper in Italy:

Our first international mention as Fall in Green (I've had one at least as an artist, in Port Jervis for the Art for Shelter Animals Project).

I'll try to film everything today and will have to pause and reset the filming at half-way due to film size limitations. After today's performance I'll work on recording the music for the album, I want this to take a week - it may take two months. I'll add more to the recordings, it will certainly be more than piano-only (some were composed with strings in mind), and will probably include other sounds, and extensions or diversions. Every show we do is unique, different, we don't (not so far) tour the same show or perform one even twice. When we perform Salomé after the recording, it will probably be different again.

On with the show!