Monday, August 22, 2022

Steady Work

A steady day of work on the music yesterday, recording the piano performances and putting them into Prometheus for lots of the tracks, starting the production process. If I merely wanted solo piano works, as in the live performances, I could call it pretty much finished, apart from the vocals, but I'm adding a lot more now and need to work out the structure and points for extension.

I've also started the dance remix of Dream Sequence and have got down the key tracks and balancing. I was struck by the coincidence that I was thinking of jazz when playing it for the first time, a jazzy electric piano, and when recording the performance thinking of Miles Davis, as I'd just been reading about and listening to the first parts of Kind of Blue. The dance influence came from Robert Miles, being a restful piano track, like my track Challenger, but yesterday read that Miles Davis was a big influence on Robert Miles, indeed the source for his name.

Life is hard this year. It's almost like Vermeer's Year of Disaster, Deb and I hit with unexpected difficulties or tragedies. Art is more important than ever. I've spent most of it working on music, painting taking a back seat, limited to completing a few works in development and the new ideas left aside. I must work harder, make the best of each day, of each moment and grain of health.