Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Salomé Filing, Projector Screen Design

More busy days, but today feels like the first 'quiet' day. The past 3 or 4 have been 100% active, often waiting for the computer to convert a file, ready for the next edit.

The first video to TikTok, a Salomé clip has had 400+ views. I expect this is 'new user bias'. Most websites heavily promote a new user, then things drop to near-zero/normal. Every artist I've spoken to who has been on ArtFinder found that they sold a first work within 24-hours of joining, then nothing at all for the remaining years.

Many jobs now. New flyers for the new time on Friday. Notifying people directly about the new time. Posting a new Salome video on YouTube, and sharing on Twitter, Facebook, and a new one for Instagram, TikTok (which needed a new edit). A bio and details needed writing for John Hopper's new magazine which will include two of my stories.

Then ordering Bulldog clips for a new projector screen design. I have the idea of a kite-like design which uses stretchy material and thin dowelling to hold screen by the corners. One part left was how to hold it, so I've got one of my cheap camera tripods out and measured the height and distance to first leg, then cut a rectangle of wood, marking a middle (ish) point to for a tripod screw, then drilled a hole in the top for another camera tripod screw. This will fix to the screen. The back of the wood will probably be weighted to balance it. My aim is for a super-light screen that is super-large.

Other jobs of today are to re-make some videos for our performance. I must east early as we're going to a book launch in Crewe Library at 6pm.

In other news my father has had some sort of health crisis, my mum says that he's 'got a lot worse' over the last day or two (for years she has been telling him 'you're getting worse'. Perhaps exertion due to a long coach trip in this heat-wave.