Sunday, July 07, 2024

Drive Videos, Argus v1.42

A full day of work on some simple videos for the tracks on A Drive Through The Town. As with We Robot, the idea is a YouTube version of a 'Spotify Canvas', initially a simple loop. In practice these are much more sophisticated, and match the music and its changes more closely even if the content is reduced compared to a full filmed video.

I've managed a good start on all of the 13 songs so far. I needed the feature to 'kick' a cube in scale every time the bass drum hit in Style Guru, but doing this with a Start command would reset the spinning angles too. I could get around it by setting the Start values to match the exact values at that time, but when I need to import a lot of (up to 100) frame values for the drum, this is difficult. The best solution would be to use Set Modulator events, so the size modulator is reset on each beat while retaining all other parameters in progress, but there was no way to import and create (or even convert) Set Modulator events, so I added this feature today, and thus upgraded Argus to v1.42.

It's been a very full and busy day, and I'm perhaps not halfway through this huge job.

In other news, I completed the Vermeer frame last night, it works to plan. I'm now ready to proceed on that painting. I'll complete these videos first. The low number of views/listens of the new single has reminded me of the importance of these videos.