Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Portents Of Desire Glazing Day 2

Second day of glazing Portents Of Desire. This is a strange painting that constantly baffles me. I worked on it even when drawing the idea sketch, adding bits here and there, then added or removed more when drawing it, then did the same at every stage of the painting. It's almost evolved from notions of balance, prettiness, emergent textures, rather than any other consideration.

This is unique for me. I like to at least have a plan; emotion, concept of some sort; or if not, just 'improvise', but this is a strange hybrid, like a snapshot of a sentence in a never-ending novel. Even now I keep thinking what I can change. Perhaps it's best left as it is.

In the afternoon, I enhanced and re-uploaded two of the forthcoming music videos. I added some pretty expanding rings to An Autumn Tale (before these were simply star-shaped lights), and added a racing road to the drag-race section of Cat Parasites.