Saturday, July 06, 2024

Statement Admin, Vermeer Frame Border

Have worked a full day yet feels like I've done little. Spent the morning updating my Artist's Statement and Bio to reflect my 2024 outlook, and the huge list of exhibitions and publications.

Then, work on the new 'Vermeer' frame. The circuit board on panel protrudes by 6 to 9mm, so I needed to fit a 6mm border around 80% of the painting, letting the circuit board take up the rest. I needed some 6x6mm wood, so bought that, then cut it to size with a blade rather than a saw (a Japanese pull saw would be useful for jobs like this). It needs to fit very exactly in the frame recess, there's only about 6.5mm there. I cut some mount board to fit closely, then stuck the wood pieces to that while it was in the frame:

When I remove the card bits, it should be the right size. I'll paint it black as this will be partly visible, then all will be ready for the painting.

After that job, I added a couple more works to the Saatchi Art site. Before October I'll have to increase my art prices to reflect new gallery commission rates. I can already imagine a time when my art on Saatchi will be ten times these prices, or perhaps taken down completely. Important moves in my art are coming. Fate will see.

Time is short. If I had a wand, what would I do instantly? I have many ideas. I really need to complete music videos for all of A Drive Through The Town. Simple videos will take 2 or 3 days. I'll perhaps put some painting studies on sale on eBay too. I had thought of making a video show this year, as readers will remember, but with each iteration of thought it becomes more complex. I need some clear idea of what sort of video series to create and why.