Friday, July 26, 2024

The Berlin Wall

Much of yesterday was a tedious update of my website, listing the sculptures by year. Perhaps I should list the watercolours by year too (and even the digital art, though that's more difficult, as 90% of it is album cover art which is prone to updates for reasons of commercial utility). My website used to list work year-by-year when I first became an artist circa 2004. One advantage is that it provides a global over-look of time. It also creates lots of 'empty shelves' for future or current work, so it operates as an incentive.

I improvised some new music last night in the MODX, using some modified Yamaha DX7 sounds. Those FM sounds are wonderful, especially with audio effects like distortion, chorusing, reverb, as these can limit the harshness while retaining the expression.

Today has flown.

I've got so many painting ideas that I feel overwhelmed. I showed Deb my No. 3 Sketchbook and she remarked on this idea from about the second half of 2014:

So I decided to paint it today, as by chance I had a small square panel ready which was ideal. This is artwork code G1400, so is my 1400th catalogued artwork. You'll note how closely it matches the tiny idea sketch. Keeping the same feeling as that unconscious sketch is vital, so I try to duplicate it.

What next, what next.