Monday, August 12, 2019

Filming

Lots of filming down today, a day of frenetic energy and times of total tiredness between. The period between 11am and 12pm was particularly intense, setting up the camera, sound equipment, props and costumes for playing the mock-piano outside in the garden. The results were passable. I did a sensor clean on my old Canon camera yesterday too, which helped a lot. One key thing I did was take a wide aperture ISO100 exposure of a white surface first to note the dust pattern, and so check if the dust was gone. A simple blower was all that was needed to clean.

Anyway filming wasn't easy but I had enough time and space to grab to film a few short segments of playing.

In the afternoon, I recorded several scenes from the toy drama. I'm already faster at this stuff than when I made the House of Glass video last year, a video I might revisit for its Marius Fate relaunch. I need a few skills to make this puppetry more interesting. Stop motion animation holds little appeal, I simply can't afford the time. Often it seems that the harder I work, the less I get. As an artist I hardly make any money anyway, so if I make things for the quality of the art, then making good work and the most I can of it must get priority. This is the golden age of my life, I must make as much as I can.

I need reliable ways of making still and scenes move smoothly and be attractive with my limited equipment and resources.