Thursday, August 22, 2019

More Masculinity

More work on Masculinity Two today, lots of hard editing, and a new video recording of a ringmaster, to go with yesterday's recording of Marius at a computer screen. Both will need better retakes, and I probably won't use the ringmaster at all. Most of today was frame by frame effects; slides, lights, flickers. Very time consuming to experiment with what works best and the exact look and feel of the timing. Experimental animation is the most time consuming artform in the world. Progress is very slow, but steady.

I'm aching to do some more, new artwork on new, relevant and exciting projects and themes. I'm bursting with ideas and energy, but tied to this, tied to Marius for weeks or months. I toyed with scheduling the single release now, but it's best to complete the video first.

Onward on this slow track we push. On to the new pastures of art. On, as fast as I can, with as much power and mastery as I can. Onward to glory.