Sunday, August 11, 2019

Rattenfanger and Love is Dead

A busy few days working on the illustrations for Deborah Edgeley's new book, Wilkommen Zum Rattenfänger Theater. These are now largely complete. The scanning and filing process takes up at least as much time as the drawing.

Yesterday, more work on my refurbishment of Love is Dead, a small sculptural piece with paintings. I fixed up some damage to the thorns with Paraloid B72, then etched the surface to add more fine detail before repainting and retouching. The frame is now largely complete, just waiting for the paintings to be inserted. I'm not perfectly happy with the central portrait, but it will do for now. There comes a time when an artwork should be called finished.

I'm now keen to move on and complete my music videos, particularly the Marius Fate videos so that I can release this music.