Monday, November 08, 2021

Always In The Morning, Back When It All Began

Finalised the writing to Back When It All Began today. The vocals remain. The timing and generaly melody and mood is all over the place so it will need a bit of rehearsal and playing back to work out where the words fit.

Then I finalised the production to Always In The Morning. The vocals are epic, going from quiet a reflective to power-ballad. I wanted the effect of an 'ordinary person' sitting on his bed, the curtains closed but glowing with sun, and the words seem to have this effect. I may try another take, but these will do. The single takes of Out of Date and Be My Jesus always sound better than songs that have lots of takes - I think the very process of comparison of two nearly-identical things lends itself to a sort of craziness. I'm always aware that time spent perfecting, polishing, finalising anything steals time from other projects, and is often self-deceptive because the factor that gains our attention can sometimes stop us noticing glaring errors elsewhere.

The album is nearly done. Then, its artwork, recording the old SY-85 music (I will probably never release this publicly, but I would, at least, like a recording of it for the future rather than have it lost forever).

Music and the Neorenassiance exhibition will probably be my main focus until March when Neorenassiance ends. I must do my best, work my hardest and fastest to make to most of this precious time. Today, I feel that my artistic life from now on will be music and not at all painting.