Friday, November 12, 2021

Sea Green Dream, Macc Lounge Dropoff

Another night of stomach pain - this thing which unites me with Beethoven and Ingmar Bergman. I had many dreams. In one, President Biden was seen eating some medical herbs, sea greens, he called them. They were small plants, like watercress with ivy-shaped leaves in green with violet veins. I tasted them, they were similar to watercress though not as strong, very pleasant. I told him about spirulina and chlorophyll (I couldn't recall the name of chlorella).

In a second dream my parents were about to leave for a holiday. For some reason we lived in a grand Victorian house. My father bought me some sort of gift which involved a ritual of sorts, a special coffee drink, another drink. Things to be done or enjoyed in a sequence. I wanted to avoid this until later, but he insisted I did it all with him. I had the impression that I wouldn't see him again, that their holiday was permanent. A kitten was present. It jumped from the roof of the house to land on the floor outside, as did someone else, perhaps my mother. I took it inside and it sipped some red wine from a glass, lifting it with a paw to drink. This dream perhaps relates to many aspects of the day, Deb's remembrance of her relatives. Viewing old Crewe houses, and symbolism of her poem for the Tree of Light ceremony.

Today I had my blood pressure check, my first visit to the doctor in over 10 years. It was 127/76, heart rate 62.

Before today's Macc trip, I was keen to fix the ending of The Ones We Love. The chords at the end were a little too long, but, alas, I have lost the DX preset, which, it seems, was made on the day by modifying another. The music for this track was played once in one take in the fading sunlight. The DX is a fantastic instrument but massively let down by poor preset management and the lack of a custom editing app. This is really bad, unusually so, by Yamaha. I spend a while trying to match the instrument and in the end, created a new chord, so this song in now 10 seconds shorter but better.

Then the trip to Macclesfield for delivery to the new Macc Art Lounge display. I helped with sanding and painting the walls, ready for the installation.

I have a lot of retrieved artwork here now, waiting to unpack, inspect, wrap, and pack for storage, then preparing labels and other material. Lots to do. I will cut new mounts for some of my ink drawings as low priced, unframed gifts to browse, this will take a couple of days, so no time for music or other things. I must also find time to compose and practice the Tree of Light music.

The official opening is Saturday 13th November at 1pm. I heard that the Macc Lounge is now also open on Wednesdays now, as well as Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Treacle Market Sundays. I'll attend as many days as I can, but am still hesitant about using public transport.