Thursday, November 11, 2021

Triumph Dreams, Macc Lounge Preparation

I have two dreams. First, a boxing match between a huge muscular man and a small dwarf woman, staged for some sort of strange entertainment. I, who was largely playing the part of the man, was worried about the mismatch, and for the sake of sport I let the dwarf woman punch my knees, unsure if I should actually fight properly. In the end, I thought that I should simply fight, and gave one powerful upper-cut to her face, sending her flying backwards into the air and out of the ring with ease.

In a second dream I was a knight in silvery armour. A Japanese knight, also in silver, challenged me to fight, and he had an array of weapons. Again I thought I could easily beat him, yet avoided this, parrying his bladed blows with patience. At some point I got annoyed with this persistent attacker, so I hit him on the top of his head, plunging him into the ground up to his waist, then hit him again to totally bury him. I covered him up with soil, then poured water on to drown him.

Today has bene a frenzy of work preparing the art for a new display Macc Lounge. I can't go in next week, so have to do this today for delivery tomorrow, having only heard of this opportunity last evening. I'm going to include some paintings that I've never showed before, Fat Ugly Tree Forever Coughing In A Radioactive Wasteland, and have framed up The Lens Of Reminiscence, the original pencil drawing I drew for The Myth of Sisyphus.