Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Videos

A solid day of work on the lyric videos. I was unhappy with a tiny element of yesterday's recordings, so I decided to re-film all of the videos for The Dusty Mirror. The room was so cold that my sunglasses kept misting up due to condensation. I also needed to re-film one of the Secret Electric Sorcery videos. These are now complete and fine.

Now, the long work of assembling the ones for The Dusty Mirror, these are very lyric heavy, which makes the subtitles tedious and slow. I seemed to read these more slowly too, perhaps due to the cold room, cooling my mood towards dour seriousness. I noted that these are different art forms from either written poetry or the songs themselves.

Secret Electric Sorcery has been confirmed for release on the 18th Feb 2022.

Deb and I have also been offered a performance slot as Fall in Green in Congleton Library, a special winter-themed show on 6th December, so yes, we'll do that.

More video work tomorrow, but I, and we, have other things to do so I can't devote the time to these videos. I expect I'll finish this set of two album's worth by the end of the week. It's very hard and intense work.