Thursday, November 25, 2021

Videos, Admin, Busyness

24 videos done this week. A few needed several re-takes, which in the end didn't take me that long, but even a short delay with this number of videos can lead to a long delay. This is probably the most I can efficiently create in a week. The first batch, from The Dusty Mirror, are now set up for daily release on my music channel. I'll set to making some for the Sisyphus album and Nightfood too.

Things are very hectic. We have a new, 90-minute (though casual, experimental, relaxed) performance of Fall in Green songs/poems, confirmed for December 6th in Congleton Library... very short notice, but we will rise to the occasion and produce new work, if not a new show in these 10 days. I'll use two synths and electric guitar - no piano for the first time for a Fall gig, so that will give it a modern feeling - perhaps we need to clash this with classical work... Dickens?

The music for Sky Robes of Celeste at Crewe Tree of Light is complete, I just need to rehearse it a bit more, well, actually memorise it. These two shows alone could take all of next week. I must not let myself become complacent.

I've ordered wood for framing the English Triptych in Nantwich Museum, and must collect this early tomorrow before a trip to Macclesfield to staff the Macc Art Lounge all day. This will be a key sales day, may the Gods of Ferenginar smile upon me.

I must also work on filing the album now, the essential music admin which typically takes a day, and I need the Nantwich Museum printing ready next week too, so I don't think I'll have time for more lyric videos until after the 6th. I have, joyously, also received some floppy discs which should contain SY-85 data, so I have these 40 or 50 songs to record too. That should take a week. I need to find a December with 7 weeks.

Things are a little too busy for my comfort, though I feel very inspired. Deb and I watched Wim Wenders' The Wings of Desire and it filled me with ideas, my first desire to actually make a feature film.

When daily troubles or stresses disturb me, I remind myself how utterly unimportant those things are in the long span of things. The things that are important seem to be ignored by 99.99% of humanity.

Onwards with joy and to glory.