Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Full Day

A full and good day. Have recorded most of the lyrics to Back When It All Began, and the final full take for Always In The Morning, this is now complete.

Deb has written the words for the Tree of Light ceremony and I've sketched out two ideas for the piano music. There is also the possibility of another performance in Congleton Library at a similar time. I started work on another new music project (secret for now), too.

Next, the album artwork, but more things are in the pipeline, I can't afford to pause for breath. These past 4 or 5 weeks of solid music creation have been wonderful, a luxury, but I think that the tumult of work will soon start.

In other news, a new double density drive arrived and this too fails to read the disks. It is possible the media is at fault, but I increasingly think that the Windows driver, which is automatically installed and cannot be revoked, is the problem. One disk DID work for a time, but, after a few weeks, plugging in the drive made Windows auto-install a new driver and this might be inferior to the old one. I can't remove or replace this. How I hate the terrible design of Microsoft Windows.

I may need an ancient PC to solve this problem. It is possible that the 3 disks I have are corrupted, or have been damaged by my attempts to use them. I have a plan, and have ordered more disks.

My music and performance and production skills are better than ever, and I'm full of inspiration and artistic zest. I've had some exciting visual art news, and the Castle Park exhibition opens on Friday too. Onwards we charge.