Saturday, November 20, 2021

Macc Opening, Workloads

A busy day, the launch day of the Macc Art Lounge exhibition:

We arrived at 1pm, and I got to work drilling for D-rings and fitting string to one painting, I'd forgotten to check before delivering it. I met Ingrid Karlsson-Kemp for the first time, Bruce Lyons again, and several other artists, some also for the first time, but didn't speak much if at all to many people. I felt a little on edge, perhaps overwhelmed by the situation and certainly somewhat awkward with a face mask. It was lovely to speak with Peter though.

In the morning I re-did a vocal for Eyes Of Pity, and I finalised the album artwork. I think the album is now complete musically, and in cover art terms, but I need to make Spotify Canvases for each track now, and lyrics videos with subtitles for each track, and ideally a few actual music videos. I also need to make lyric videos for The Myth of Sisyphus, and Nightfood, and perhaps re-make the ones for The Dusty Mirror, adding subtitles, and I have almost no music videos for any of these three recent albums; only the older Lego video for Nightfood, and that not from the good first half. I need a team a dwarf or elfen homunculi.

The SY-85 music will take about 2 weeks to record alone, though that thankfully won't artwork as I won't be releasing it, and I need to prepare the printing and event plans for the Neorenaissance exhibition, and practice and refine the piano piece for the Tree of Light performance in two weeks; The Sky Robes of Celeste.

I've also worked out the best options for the new audio effect. I'll keep the pointers as a float, but check it for limits when converted to long, which is a good solution.

I'm feeling exhausted and overwhelmed with work, and most of it seems a little pointless to some extent, as only the Tree of Light event is paid or public to some extent, yet every bit, fragment, iota, of this work is an atom of art, so I must think of these in those vital terms, and never in any other terms. I must make each thing the best I can, and this includes such things as lyrics videos.