Thursday, March 24, 2022

Chester, We Liked Him Vocals, Piano Sustain Pedal

A day in Chester yesterday to see the Grosvenor Museum exhibition. Cromwell is reflective.

His malevolent shadow casts over everything.

We also met our great friend David Lawton, the number one sfumato miniaturist in Britain, and probably the world. He is, at the moment, working on a delightful portrait of me. He is only working on that and one other small painting but both will take him 2 years at least.

Today, I recorded the vocals for the "We Liked Him" song, and recorded myself playing the piano for a special, as yet secret, purpose.

I also found a way to make my sustain pedal work on both my Yamaha piano and the MODX at once, using an audio splitter cable. It works brilliantly, and now I can sustain or dampen playing on both keyboards at once, and avoid plugging the cable in/out between them. One oddly, the piano worked no matter how the polarity switch was set on the pedal, but the synth only worked set one way. Still, it now works.

I must complete this song today and the album as soon as possible. I have too many ideas and future projects.