Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Vocals, Guitar Work

Two full days working on music. Yesterday some vocal recording for The Unremembered, a song which is (or rather has been) somewhat morose and atonal, partly because of a main riff which was off-key and evoked The Munsters. I've now changed it. Before today this song defined a new genre of zombie-rock-blues. Also did a lot of work on Photograph of Heaven, and confirmed participation in a benefit concert for Ukraine at Congleton Library next week.

Today, I recorded the guitar parts for both of those songs, a lot done. I feel more alive again after deciding on a new day routine. Routine is so important and works so well when I paint, but it can easily become too flexible when doing other jobs. Music creation is far more varied than painting and it can be easy to take a break after, say, recording a guitar part and before editing, but I feel much better sticking to daily goals and the clock for my breaks.

I've also confirmed my participation in Art Fair Cheshire in Macclesfield Town Hall in late May.

Money is tight and I fear will be for some time. Art will be my only legacy and contribution to the world so I must work and never cease. On we march.